The Valley Sanitary District is exploring the possibility with the Indio Water Authority of a Recycled Water Project.
This project will reuse tertiary treated water as a new water source for sustainable and beneficial use.
The City of Indio and the Valley Sanitary District have created a Joint Powers Authority for this purpose, the East Valley Reclamation Authority.
This project is currently in phase 1.
Please find the link below that will redirect you to an infographic displaying real time progress on phase 1 of the Recycled Water Project.
As information is obtained, the District will update information on our website. The following environmental documents are available:
- Recycled Water Program Development Feasibility Study 2018
- Mitigate Negative Declaration - Posse Park Water Treatment Plant (January 2012)
- Environmental Impact Report for Recycled Water Project Part 1 (September 2011)
- Environmental Impact Report for Recycled Water Project Part 2 (September 2011)
- VSD Handout - Recylced Water Project 2022